The flowers are blooming and the sun is shining, which can only mean one thing: Spring is here! And with Spring comes the inevitable task of doing some much-needed cleaning. Whether it’s inside or outside your home, there’s a lot of work to be done. In this blog post, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive checklist of everything you need to do to get your home ready for Spring. Let’s get started!
Now that you have a Spring cleaning checklist, it’s time to learn some tips and tricks for completing each task. Here are a few pointers to help you get started:
With these tips in mind, you’re now ready to tackle your Spring cleaning with ease!
Regular home maintenance is essential for keeping your property in good condition. By completing some simple tasks each Spring, you can avoid costly repairs down the road. Here are a few reasons why it’s important to perform Spring maintenance:
Spring is the perfect time to get ahead of any potential home maintenance issues. By completing a thorough inspection of your property, you can ensure that everything is in good working order. Below, you’ll find a complete checklist for your interior and exterior spring cleaning projects!
Interior Spring Cleaning Checklist
1. Clean and vacuum carpets
2. Vacuum upholstery
3. Change bedding
4. Wipe down cabinets/shelves with a mixture of vinegar, water (1:1 ratio) and baking soda to get rid of grease stains or other tough spots on the surface
5. Remove window blinds, wipe off curtains and freshen with a light soap solution and hang out to dry
6. Clean inside refrigerator – wiping down shelves, drawers, wall behind refrigerator
7. Dust all surfaces in living room, including bookshelves, lamps etc
8. Wipe any dusting clues that may have accumulated on outside windowsills throughout house using a wet cloth or sponge
9. Inspect the exterior of your home for any cracks or holes that may need to be filled in
10. Test your home’s smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they are working properly
11. If you have a fireplace, now is a good time to get it cleaned and inspected by a professional
12. Spring is also a good time to have your septic tank pumped if you have one on your property
13. If you live in an area prone to flooding, check your homeowner’s insurance policy to make sure you are adequately covered
14. Schedule annual maintenance appointments for any major appliances in your home such as air conditioners, furnaces etc
1. Inspect the roof for any damage or missing shingles
2. Repair any cracks in the driveway or sidewalks
3. Trim back any overgrown trees or bushes
4. Reseed any bald patches in the lawn
5. Clean out gutters and downspouts
6. Inspect and clean AC unit (if applicable)
7. Wash and polish the exterior of your home
Now that you know what needs to be done both inside and outside your home, it’s time to get started on your Spring cleaning! Be sure to work through each item on the checklist systematically so that you don’t miss anything. And most importantly, have fun! There’s nothing like a clean house to make you feel refreshed and ready for the warm weather ahead.
For over 30 years, Environmentally Safe Products, Inc. has been a leader in the reflective insulation industry; manufacturing and shipping products all over the United States and throughout the world.
© 2022 - Environmentally Safe Products Inc. | All Rights Reserved